Sunday, October 4, 2009

Captivated in Greece.


I was (past tense) going to write about each day in Greece, however I didnt have time. I'll sum it up.

First of all, I feel spoiled by my Heavenly Dad. When the word says he blesses us abundantly, he sure does. One of my desires had been to visit Greece, I never really dwelled on it too much, but it happened. and Dad provided for it. There could not have been a better timing for this vacation.

I had just come out of a rough season here in the desert, not only with work, but you know the feeling that comes when your away from the people who know you the best and who you know the best. When you start thinking with your flesh. Make sense? The thoughts of singleness started creeping up and tons of questions about the future. Like, where do you want me to go?

Questions that Dad told me very clearly that I woudn't have the answer to, and He asked me to wait on Him for. (That was a tough and clear response, he woke me from a dream/nightmare and led me to Isaiah 29:11. It was neat though. This had never happened to me, and it was awesome to experience this encounter.) He answers... amazing the concept we read about, but we just dont ask. Maybe because we're afraid of his response? hm.

Anyways, so yea thats where I was at. Needless to say I needed a break from the Middle East culture and some fresh air (literately... some blue skies).

While in Greece Dad marveled me with His creation. He captured my heart once more with his beauty. He flattered me with his sunsets. The works of his hands, the strong high cliffs, sounds of roaring sea, captivated me and took away any doubts. He whispered I love you, this is for you. and this love is more than Enough. His timing is perfect, his grace is abundant. He is my strong tower and strength.

Real quick memories from trip:
-Jumping in freezing waters from the boat to swim to the sulfur thermal waters by the Volcano! AND swallowing some of the water and thinking is sulfur poisonous?

-Climbing the active volcano and feeling the vapor from one of the craters!
-Sitting on the black rocks and the rock beach reading My utmost to the sounds of crashing waves.
-Eating a delicious fruit waffle on the sea side.
-Climbing and lying at the tip of a cliff, with winds that coul'dve blown me away!
-Riding a 4 wheeler, and a donkey in SANTORINI.
-Sitting at the rooftop in Ia waiting for the most beautiful colorful sunset, just for me! =)
-Nick the Greek calling me YASMINA in the most awesome greek accent!
-Eating a hotdog for the first time in 10 months yum!
-Watching the rain for the first time in 9 months!
-Wearing shorts and short sleeves in public for the first time in 10 months.

3 comments:

  1. I love your memories! I LOL at most of them, because I would have had the same memories! hahahaha! So glad that Dad met you there and you had some great time with Him!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice pic with a very nice book in beautiful part of the world. Know that we remember in our conversations with HIM. I went to a seminar this weekend in san antonio and remember you and the things you are doin. Bendiciones Jaz...

    ReplyDelete