Monday, February 2, 2009

Thankful for the little Things...IPOD

So.... this wonderful invention, called an ipod. I'm so glad i have it. It helps alot.
As most of you know, the whole men situation here is a little risky, and well they just like to talk, hiss, and umm sometimes follow women. So as i get in a taxi, these guys always tried talking to me, so 1) I have no idea what they say but 2)I can tell by their tone and hand motions when they are wanting to chat and not actually wanting to know where they need to take me to. So now, when I get into a taxi I put my ipod on! =)



And it works....I mean I think its pretty universal that w
hen someone has their headphones on it means I dont really care to talk right now. I havent had any issues since then. and  now they only speak up when they actually have an important question on the place i'm going. Plus... i'm wrshiping in my mind, rather than listening to their pryer songs and stuff. (rarely is there some good station on in a taxi)

Today I forgot my ipod.. and I got offered some of the guy's snickers... LOL. let me just say it was funny...I mean he was being serious. I tried not to laugh, and keep a serious face. But I mean.... really? want a bite of my snickers?? He then went on to try to have a conversation...and i found the 2.5 pound headphones and put them in sans ipod, he wouldnt know. lol.  

so those headphones for 2.5 pounds (about 50 cents)  i bought from this old man on a corner shop. they proved their value, they tore while i pulled them out of my bag... lol. ehhh malesh (whatever)  and yes i felt a little ridicuhlous with my tore headphones in my ears. lol but he couldn't tell. ; )

No comments:

Post a Comment