Thursday, May 14, 2009

They Don't Believe I'm Mexican Now...YES!

We'll see how long that lasts, myabe today was just a special day. 
I was at the bazaar where lots of tourists go for souvenirs and its like a game for the vendors to figure out where u'r from, they've always kinda figured me out. But today, I went with a friend and they guessed she was from India, she's like no we're mexicans, and they asked her, and her (as in me) where is she from? She's mexican too... and they were like No, No she's not, and there was an officer there too and he was like... NO, tisk tisk tisk, she is not, she is from Khalif, which is like a city in Yemen I think, an Arab country, and the guy was like, she speaks good Arabic... 

So anyways.... I'm happy that the little I spoke, they thought I was a native Arab speaker... HA... YES!

No comments:

Post a Comment