Monday, March 23, 2009

No, I'm not from here...

So... I've never felt more discriminated against than I have here. 

It's actually kind of funny. Because I can't believe how real it is, and how it still exists very openly.

I went out with my local friend, to a local restaurant, I asked for an english menu, at that moment the guy told her, she'll have to pay more for her fo
od than you will. So she decided to just order for me. So here's my friend, trying to get our order, going back and forth, doing the work on a waitress basically.

We went to sit at a table outside, and were told that we couldn't sit there, because we would have to pay more, now I was just really annoyed, where can we eat? She said.. we'd have to take it to go. We were so far away, there was no way we'd be able to just ta
ke it. 

Anyways.. they just made it so hard on her/us.  I busted out my english, for the first time without any arabic. I was being charged way more, and my friend was doing all the work.... not fair.

This was the climaz from this weeks events, everything has a price for foreigners and a price for locals. One place a local pays 1 pound, and a foreigner pays 50. 

I live here!!! sigh......

I think its more frustrating because they think i'm from here at first a
nd when they finally figure it out, prices rise.... and i'm like what!? seriously....??
The place of the incident, good food must I add =)

No comments:

Post a Comment