Monday, February 24, 2014

Resistance.

I've noticed that in the last months I've been hesitant to posting spiritual content on my facebook.
I usually end up posting my thoughts anyway, but I find it interesting that every time I go to make my prayers, my thoughts, my discoveries of God's word public, I'm encountered with real resistance. (my mind begins to battle with my spirit on whether or not it is correct to post, how to post, who will see it ect.)

I've never struggled with this in the past and I think it is important to examine why it is that I'm experiencing this now.  There are three possible explanations that I've come up with.

1) I'm the problem, my spiritual state could be weak, I could be doubting the truths I want to post or fear may be trying to cripple me.

2) Where I am is the problem. Haiti is a country where spirit worship predominates and my struggle may just be a manifestation of the spiritual decay of this country.

3) The problem comes from the times we are in. This could be the "beginning of labor pangs" when the love of many grows cold and many will become faithless (2 Timothy 3:5). The spirit of the anti-christ is rampid and is working overtime to make sure that he cancels out all truth that is spoken.

I'm leaning more towards explanation number 3. I don't want to boast and say that my spiritual state is at its best, but even when I struggle,  I'm confident that the truth I am wanting to post is the truth and that it is essential for the life of our souls. I can write spiritual truths and declare them when I'm talking to people one on one and even when I write on this blog. The struggle and the questioning only comes up when I'm posting on a widely viewed outlet, like facebook. 

Explanation # 2 is not the case, because I'm actually more encouraged by the reality of a spiritual world here in Haiti where spiritual dynamics are obvious. So this reality actually makes me even more confident on the spiritual truths gained from the Bible. (Demoniacs, spiritual oppression, and tormenting spirits are common here, so wouldn't this fuel my desire to speak life?)

Explanation # 3 makes the most sense. There is a real spiritual force that is at war against my spirit man. When I want to declare truth to an audience that needs to hear it, I am faced with strong opposition.  I wonder how many other believers find themselves also struggling to proclaim truth boldly? The spirit of the anti-christ comes on mission to replace the truth of the gospel. He comes to cancel out all the work of Christ Jesus. This spirit will seek to reject God's word as truth and will try to convince everyone of his false kingdom of peace. Peace that is not based on truth, peace that is based on relativism and tolerance. Where the truth is suppressed and a band-aid is placed over a gaping wound.  

If you've experienced this in increasing measure these days know that you are not alone. Let's pray for the brethren, just as Paul prayed:  "Pray that words may be given to me in opening my mouth BOLDLY to proclaim the mystery of the gospel." Ephesians 6:19

We are living in a time where the spiritual battle between good and evil is heating up, I believe this is true because of the impending return of Jesus Christ. The church will be tempted in many ways and many will fall away or give into false doctrine that teaches that Jesus Christ is not the promised Son of God. It will become difficult for many in the church to declare in confidence their faith in Jesus Christ as our atoning sacrifice. Many will begin to accept other ways of reaching God in their desire to bring peace and be tolerant. Jesus told us to be on the alert, to keep watch, and that only those who persevere till the end will be called faithful. When the questioning comes and you begin to pull back from declaring your faith and who Christ is to you, pray and mute the voice of the spirit of the anti-christ that is trying to mute you. Let us speak for the nations what the truth of the Gospel is, let us not shy away from proclaiming God's word and his love for all.


No comments:

Post a Comment