Sunday, June 21, 2009

So Moses... Man he was fit!

You know God was with him because, I'm pretty sure he was pretty old when he climbed up and down Mt. Sinai. As I climbed this mountain I kept on thinking, Moses had some dedication! Perseverance, and discipline. I mean it wasn't easy. I know I'm not all that fit, but still it wasn't an easy climb. One time was good enough for me. It's 9,000 feet in altitude, and we did it by night, so that we could catch the sunrise and man it was beautiful. It's definitely worth it. We were freezing at top, we rented out some blankets which smelled like.... ummm camel I think, but they were heavy so I wont complain too much. I tried to sleep because I knew early in the morning I would have to start the trek back down, and although it be easier it was still a long ways. But I couldnt... I saw many shooting stars and it was sweet when I asked DAD to let me see one more before I covered my eyes forcing myself to go to sleep, and he did, soon after I asked him and at the exact spot I was looking up at. I smiled, checked my watch and it was exactly 3 am, the time that Dad always speaks to me or wakes me up to talk. 
My mom told me.... u Know Moses spoke face to face with God, and u see that mountain... he climbed it to hear from the Father. 
The Father does mighty things with those who earnestly seek him, and reveals himself mostly to those who do whatever it takes to know him. What a shame that there are many times that I can't sacrifice some sleep to wake up and seek Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment